Thursday, March 10, 2011

La Fontana (Italian Pizzeria)

Doesn't this just speak serenity now?  When I need a get-away, I make my way down to La Fontana on University Walk.


La Fontana happens to be one of my favorite local joints, and what's not to love about this quaint little place? I started coming here when it first opened, back when patrons sat on steel-bar chairs in the blazing Florida heat. Now, no matter what time of year, you can enjoy the splendor of outdoor dining (thanks to comfy chairs, industrial fans, and misters).


I absolutely love the simplicity of La Fontana's food: nothing frilly, nothing fancy, just good Italian food.  Real Italian food, not commercialized we-want-you-to-believe-it's-authentic "Italian."  If you've been to Italy, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. And like in Italy, you'll need to come with an appetite; every entree comes with freshly baked bread.  You'll have a hard time not inhaling the entire platter.


Though La Fontana has all-round great cuisine, I highly recommend their pizza baked in the good ol' wood-fired oven.  My favorite has to be the Cappricciosa with ham, mushrooms, olives, and artichokes.  Just remember going in, this isn't deep pan delivery or that other pizza.  European/Italian pizza has a thin crust and delicate, subtle flavors--no heavy tomato sauce base, mozzarella instead of cheddar cheese, and a hint of other toppings (just enough to balance each bite)..........and perfectly accompanied by a glass (or two or three) of wine!


Ladies, if you haven't heard enough yet, let me just say they have excellent tiramisu and GELATO!!! :)  Their gelato sold me. And when I was pregnant, on many occasions, the owners would call me in as I was walking by and give me free gelato -- they are just that nice, always.

What are you waiting for?  Please, please, please go give them your business.  It's worth it.

Check it out:  http://lafontanapizzeria.com/
2890 University Dr.
Coral Springs, FL  33065
Tel.  (954) 575-57502

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So I was totally planning on trying Chez Porky's tonight but now I'm craving La Fontana! Decisions, Decisions!

    They do have the best gelato, but I've never tried their Tiramisu!
    Next time we're pregnant, we can go TOGETHER and have one of each! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutley love this place. GREAT place to sit and chill, watch the fountains, have some table wine and complimentary italian bread...yummm. Its a good evening with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the food and patio setting near the fountain. Great pizza and my son had a Nutella pastry for dessert that was DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had lunch at La Fontana and loved it! The food is GREAT and the ambiance just delightful. The portions were huge and the prices too are very good. It's become my favorite Italian place. Thanks for the tip on your blog and keep them coming!! -Ana

    ReplyDelete