Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chez Porky's (American BBQ/Louisiana Cajun)

SPANK ME!!!!  To sum this experience up....


I have worked in Pompano Beach for almost seven years -- how did I not know about Chez Porky's? I must have driven by it a thousand times at least.  You probably did too.  A colleague of mine (who knows that I have ventered out into the culinary blogosphere has been keeping an eye out for places to stop) suggested that we try this place; we had not heard anything about the food just that there was a little joint on 6th street. Now that I know about CP, drive by I shall not! 


It's not a large place, but it has a lot character. The place had a fairly decent lunch crowd, so locals working in the area obviously knew about it....I'm still baffled how I overlooked it these past few years.


For a bbq/cajun joint, they had quite the menu. When I asked the server what she'd suggest, she said they had a "killer chicken marsala....the best I've ever had" --- what???  Apparently, they do a lot of things quite well, another of which are chicken wings -- that will have to be what's explored the next time I go (they have a 16 piece sampler in which you can pick 4 of their 9 sauces).  For this round, though, we stayed true to barbeque and went with a pulled pork sandwich (the size of a small child's head, I think) and a half-slab of (drippin') ribs (my mouth is watering) with a house salad and a side of mashed potatoes, collard greens, and Louisiana-sytle rice and beans.  I get excited just thinking of it. 

Did I mention they cater?  I'm feeling an office party coming on..... (so sad for you non-pork people).


If you live south of the Mason-Dixon line, do your duty and roll on into Chez Porky's for some good-old-fashioned-grub.

Check it out:  http://www.chezporkys.com/
105 Southwest 6th Street
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
Tel.  (954) 946-5590

1 comment: