Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Creme Brulee Cafe (French/European)

This being my first blog ever, I thought I would dedicate it to one of the things in life that brings me greatest joy.....pain au chocolat.  Who would have ever known that a little piece of bread with a bittersweet chocolate inside would send my tastebuds to high heaven.  I shall be forever indebted to the French for their contribution to what will be my life-long battle of (or with) the bulge.


When I moved back to the U.S., I was certain that I could not find a decent chocolate croissant anywhere.  I had tried many of the big-name bakeries, but their chocolate pain just wasn't cutting it. Not at all.  Then, I stumbled across JC's baked goods at the Parkland Farmer's market; JC delivered a bi-monthly fix that only lasted as long as the seasonal market.  Not too long ago, however, I noticed Creme Brulee Cafe.  As it's not on a main street or easy to see, I kept forgetting about it. My husband suggested we go there for brunch this morning, and how happy am I that I said YES.

My husband ordered the veggie and ham omelette (which came out more like a souffl'e) and I had a Quicke Lorraine...both of us with sides of cappuccinos and pain au chocolate. We were in heaven. Now, I don't have to have bi-monthly fixes...I can get my fresh fix everyday.

Very quaint on the inside, extremely friendly staff....and they have punch cards :) 


Check it out:  http://www.cbbakeshop.com/
1263 N University Dr.
Ramblewood Square
University & Ramblewood drive
Coral Springs, FL 33071

Once you've been, let me know what you ordered and what you thought of it!

5 comments:

  1. Oven roasted eggs is a wonder to mankind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had One. Amazingly soft tasty pastry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven...I'm in heaven.....thank you Mindy for finding and sharing this place! Incredibly delicious with soft, buttery layers, the crunch on the outside and dark, rich chocolate throughout. I can't wait to go back! I just need to make sure I space my visits out, lest my scale will tip in the wrong direction. ~michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to everyone that has visited our Cafe! We have added French Macarons to our menu. They do sell out fast.
    Thanks again for mentioning us in your blog!

    ReplyDelete